Sinister: toy suicide pact

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 29 19:42:59 GMT 1998

J.B.Hunt wrote:

> Does anyone know anything about a B+S song called Toy Suicide Pact?
> Last April, around Glasgow's underground system, there were posters
> advertising the release of Dog On Wheels, and they basically
> consisted of a poem called Toy Suicide Pact, with a release date for
> DOW tagged onto the bottom. I can't remember much about it now, but
> having found Sinister I thought I'd throw it open.

the poem in question is just a poem and was the advertisements were
sponsored by the grosvenor cafe in hillhead. they carried the dog on
wheels date but the poem is not actually a track as far as we're aware.

> Uh, also... is it
> true that a Charlie Brown film was scheduled for the matinee
> performance in Manchester? When I heard this I lost the power of my
> legs, I was so excited. Is it just me, or are Belle and Sebastian
> extremely... Peanuts? I mean, the very first time I heard Seeing
> Other People I immediately thought of Linus and Lucy by Vince
> Guaraldi, which is the groovy tune that always plays in Peanuts films
> when it's time for Peanuts dancing. Ah well.

yeah, the ice creams were supposed to be given out during the film, but
eventually there was a lot of problems finding a suitable projector that
would work in the hall and would overpower the daylight streaming
through the roof windows. defeat was admitted in the 11th hour when it
became obvious that it wasn't going to happen.

> Also, would anyone like to trade recordings of B+S radio sessions for
> a recording of Tigermilk?
> JBH

david

--
                 Belle and Sebastian Fan Club
     merchandise, mail-outs, chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk