Sinister: ARAB STRAP in "we sound like B&S scandal"

Lorraine Hosie l.m.hosie at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 30 12:25:43 GMT 1998

> From:          "northy" <rnorth at xxx.uk>
> To:            sinister at majordomo.net
> Date:          Fri, 30 Jan 1998 02:30:19 +0000
> Subject:       Sinister: ARAB CRAP!

> Arab Strap are absolute shite!!!
>
> Their set consisted of one fat Scottish bloke sitting on a stool and
> SAYING crap lyrics and then a pointless, non melodic crappy chorus of
> plain old guitars

Sorry if this offends but it has come to the attention of my friend
and I that "Century of Elvis" does undoubtedly sound like Arab Strap
or Vica Versa (whatever) - 2 Scottish bands in singer-vocalike shock!

And my friend Campbell went to the same school as Arab Strap.

---I might add that when I saw them  "supporting" Gorky's in Dundee,
everyone talked all through their set - it was like a choir on