Sinister: Killing an ARAB and BOGSHED

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Thu Jan 29 11:44:15 GMT 1998

>> Ultrasound looking absolutely fucking brilliant though.  What a song
>> they placed!! I think I will see them at the Conway Hall in London
>> now.  I was gonna see Cornershop but naahhhh!

Indeed the track on the NME tape is lovely, my mate tells me the current
single's a bit dull but what a track on the NME tape, certainly brings
Marquee Moon to mind, but in a very good way. The annoying bit being the
fact that this bloke out of Ultrasound's taking such a slagging for being a
big bloke, even the fucking NME's joining in on this, can't they just leave
him to get on with it, it's very poor form, and the track I've heard is way
beyond the capacity of many a young band (one band from Edinburgh with a
little pink haired chap in it springs to mind! Idlewild who are getting the
most ridiculous amount of press attention at the moment - due to them having
released a single on "Mr.Indie" Steve Lamacq's label used to play to a
completely bored audience at the student union in Edinburgh last year, this
years Ned's Atomic Dustbin... Oh, that's Symposium is it? Well This years
second Ned's Atomic Dustbin perhaps).

Cheers,
    Keith.