Sinister: Let's hear chatter

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Jan 30 15:44:31 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: PKHINTZ at aol.com <PKHINTZ at aol.com>
Para: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: viernes 30 de enero de 1998 4:44
Asunto: Sinister: Let's hear chatter

>"For many, idolizing Belle and Sebastian is an offensive move--a way to say
>that traditional bands are still worthy of debate and attention, and that
>their traditionally structured songs and sense of narrative are still
relevant
>at a time when these very notions are being messed with by electronic
music."

What surprises me is that guitar bands still rule the earth, or at least
that's the way it seems when all the end of year polls come through. Not
that I particularly mind, but there was a time when vaguely radical records
were awarded record of the year, things like Public Enemy. So support of
structure and narrative seems to me to be a vote for the Staus Quo, rather
than
any kind of offensive move.

There, that's my contribution. No lemurs and only one very poor joke.

Peter