Sinister: sinister-digest V2 #41 (fwd)

adam the fool ah6991 at xxx.uk
Fri Jan 30 16:18:40 GMT 1998

>> Does anyone know of any decent indie nights in bristol
>
>no.  but we know of a darn fine club in exeter of a sunday night, except
>no-one came this weekend except Adrian, and i felt stupid cos it was ten
>times emptier than usual and made me look like a right sad git.  okay,
>sadder than usual...

Exeter's a long way... is the night that good?

> we're going to run the entire Twin Peaks series on
>about five TV's with hopefully the soundtrack mixed in with lots of
>interesting stuff.  Hmmm.  Will this get us punters?  i wonder if any of
>B&S are David Lynch fans?  i wonder what their fave movies are... don't
>tell me; hal hartley features.  i know, i know...

I love what saw of twin peaks but i was a bit young back when it was on
telly and mum thought i was too young. i haven't got around to watching
them on video yet either *sigh*.  Who is Hal Hartley?

>> Oh yeah - valentines day soon - anyone else think this is the worst
>> day
>> of the year?
>
>only if you accept it's existence.  it's easy to deny it you know... if
>harder to actually ignore it.

Difficult when you live with the sort of people who get four or five and
don't stop "Wondering Who They Could Possibly Be From" (ie gloating) for
days. (I can't believe i sound this bitter ;)

>> What else? Well why don't we pick a day sometime next month and then
>> all
>> phone Radio One's Most Wanted (freephone i think) and force Dave
>> Pearce
>> to play Expectations (or whatever) that would be cool.
>
>because he'd probably have to mail this list and ask if someone could
>make him a tape copy of Tigermilk.

There are at least 300 intelligent (?) people with access to the latest
technology on this list, i think that there could be some scope for
collective action here. Possibly taking over the world? Maybe just
trying to put the nme out of buisness... Or we could just carry the word
to the unbeliever (via tigermilk tapes.) What do you think?

Saw a band called King Billy and Marvellous (dead good) at Thekla last
night and they had DROOPY cartoons (amongst others) projected behind
them and it was brilliant. I thought B&S could fill in the gaps on stage
by using peanuts cartoons maybe?

See ya
Love adam