Sinister: Shah Shah a Go Go

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Jan 30 15:55:25 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Keith Watson <keith at qss.co.uk>
Para: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: miƩrcoles 28 de enero de 1998 18:57
Asunto: Sinister: Shah Shah a Go Go

>This bit about eclecticism etc, B+S fans only being into this and that and
>stuff. More of a point was the fact that probably the only people I've ever
>met who are only into one specific type of music invariably aren't into it
>for the music at all... Make of this what you will, but in my experience it
>certainly seems to be the case.

Hmm...I've got a friend who listens almost exclusively to Bruce Springsteen,
and he's definitely into it for the music, or at least not to be cool or
anything, otherwise he wouldn't have chosen Bruce Springsteen. I know he's
really into it because I've seen him dancing drunk to "Born in the USA",
quite an alarming sight. I made enquiries about "Nebraska" because I had
heard it was a strong anti-Reagan protest album, and he let me borrow it,
but I thought it was shit. I didn't tell him though. It is all very
narrative based, like B&S, but there's almost always a character called
Frankie in the songs. I've never met anyone called Frankie. At any rate, I
didn't find it particularly chilling, despite the best efforts of Greil
Marcus to convince me otherwise.

>Phew... Bad day at work... nothing's working today.

Frankie went down to the coffee machine
And discovered that it was out of order.

Peter