Sinister: NB&SC:smiths

baggy trousers rmckay at xxx.edu
Fri Jan 30 23:57:31 GMT 1998

On Fri, 30 Jan 1998, northy wrote:

> ___________________________smiths bit_____________
>
> OK...so now I have bought the Queen is Dead and Louder than Bombs.
> They're both great.  Louder than Bombs takes a few listens but it is
> brill.  Who did the original "Golden Lights" then?  What should I buy
> next?!?  Most of the other albums seem to have 6 or so tracks that I
> already have on the Louder than Bombs album!

my vote would go for 'strangeways here we come' if not just for the song
'last night i dreamt that somebody loved me'..its one of my favourites,
plus there is 'paint a vulgar picture' with the lyrics 're-issue,
re-package, re-package, re=evaluate the songs....' which seems to sum up
what has been happening to the smiths and morrissey himself lately..i mean
how many best of's can you buy? as roberta hangs her head in shame,
remebering that she has, in fact, bought all of them, doh!
meat is murder is brilliant, especially 'suffer little children' but 'the
smiths' can get a bit embarrassing because of all the falsettos especially
if you are trying to get someone to listen to the smiths, i find it puts
them off..

and twinkle is the original singer of 'golden lights'...
if you want a good place to start at for morrisseys solo years i would
reccommend 'vauxhall and i"

hair brushed and parted,
roberta