Sinister: Musings...

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Sat Jan 31 17:51:02 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: André Vieira <alerche at ibm.net>
Para: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: sábado 31 de enero de 1998 15:28
Asunto: RE: Sinister: Musings...

>"The Gift" is, in my opinion, the best "narrative song" ever made - from
>the haunting first verse ("Waldo Jeffers had reached his limit") to its
>breath-taking end ("through the middle of the package, through the middle
>of the masking tape, through the card- board, through the cushioning
and...").

And then there's "My Sister" by Tinkersticks, which I think is really really
good, and I imagine more of a direct influence on Belle and Sebastian's
talking efforts. Which I still haven't heard.  Another good one with talking
on is "Cherry Blossoms" (?), which is my favourite Tinkersticks song, don't
know what it's about though.

>By the way, how many of you in the list are also Velvet lovers?

semi-devout

Peter