Sinister: Kelvingrove Coca Exotica

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Wed Jul 1 10:48:00 BST 1998

Oh all right then,

Seeing as how MILLER not only taking an unwholesome interest in Fatboy
Tim's family, but also in my whereabouts and my lustrous hair, I'll come
clean.  Yes, I was at the Looper show on Friday, no, it wasn't me you
could see, as I have a morbid fear of cameras.  Paul never mentioned the
poets.  One of them looked like my Dad.  The other one did a poem called
"Kelvingrove Coca Exotica", and encouraged audience participation.  Anne
went to school with him.  He wasn't very good, but he was clearly a man
of considerable passion for his art.  Keith should've been there, cos if
the sun going down can make him cry, why should he not cry a river over
a good poem.  Looper were great.  There was a female electronic Stephen
Hawking voice (Stephanie Hawking?) introducing the songs.  At the end
the voice said "I hope you enjoyed the show, you sick motherfuckers".
And everyone laughed.  And then laughed some more.  Then I went dancing
at Uptight where a strange man in a "Little Prince" t-shirt offered me
his contact lenses.  I would tell you about the rest of the weekend, but
I've vowed to keep in-jokes to a minimum.

Someone was talking about Frazier Chorus.  "Sloppy Heart", their 4AD
single was a swoonsome atmospheric little number about getting a woody
on the train.  I seem to remember the sleeve notes talking about
"inadequate trousers", which is possibly libellous.  The rest of their
stuff was tasteful and polite and "nice" but never really hit those
heights.  I saw them once.  One of the horn section eyed me up
throughout the show.  And yes, it was Espiritu that Chris joined.  But
Vanessa, the half French-half, Venezuelan singer did all the work so he
left.  I saw them once.  I eyed Vanessa up throughout the show.  The
first few singles (including the mighty "Los Americanos" and
"Francisca") were awesome, bip-bopping, Latin-tingled choonz.  Then they
went a bit crap, although Vanessa made a drum n'bass record with Saint
Etienne, but it never came out.

I must apologise for being so informative, I promise not to let it
happen again.

Is it too late to declare my love for Michael Owen?

Love,
Tag xxx