Sinister: drum grrrrrrls

Kayemess at xxx.com Kayemess at xxx.com
Thu Jul 2 02:04:20 BST 1998

  Is Sophie B. Hawkins that "Damn, I Wish I Was Your Lover" girl??  A long
time ago, I saw a band called the Eels cover that song.  (In fact, they were
opening for Lucious Jackson, those crazy Eels.)  I don't think they were very
good (re: I don't remember anything about them), but they DID suddenly
exclaim, "AND NOW, AUSTIN, TEXAS, THE SONG YOU VOTED YOUR MOST FAVORITE IN THE
ENTIRE UNIVERSE..." and burst into song with "Damn, I wish I was your Lover."
I laughed and laughed.

  Today I bought the new Spinanes album.  It is fairly beautiful, but nowhere
near as perfect as "Manos."  Maybe because Scott left the band.  Hmmm.  I also
bought the 2 CD Matador compilation that I've wanted forever but never
purchased.  Pavement's version of "The Killing Moon" easily makes my top ten
songs of all time list.  So perfect.

  Last week, I bought a car.  Later this month, I am buying a vacation.  Soon
I will be very poor.

  Love,
  Kristen