Sinister: For All We Know

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Jul 2 10:31:07 BST 1998

The majesterial Andy Dean wrote:

>um, female drummers. the first thing i have to say is that, in my
>opinion, you're really wasting your time talking music to someone who
>hasn't heard of the velvet underground.

Who?

but if you want famous female
>drummers then there's always karen carpenter...

Now you're talking. I was lucky enough to see the totally smokin' Carpenters
at a formative age,  and the wonderful Karen did indeed delight us all with
a drum solo of considerable length and verve. I'm ashamed that I didn't
think of her earlier, insread of going on about Julie / June Covington or
something similar. Hang my head...things like this really matter.

>i met minnie mouse the other day. she's very short.

Andrew, drug use is not encouraged on the list. Speaking of which, I didn't
go to the mini Ozzfest last week and I haven't heard so much as a dickie
bird about it. But it wasn't the original line-up becuase the drummer has
had a "spasm" or a heart attack, depending on who you listen to. No, I
didn't tape the Mogwai session, but I did tape Asian Dub Foundation in
Concert, which sounded quite good, much to my surprise. I even left off the
first minute or so to simulate the experience of me looking around
frantically for a blank tape.

Joao Havelange