Sinister: All About Del

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Thu Jul 2 11:27:58 BST 1998

>>I remember reading an interview with Momus where he referred to the
>>singer in Del Amitri as his cousin.

>This "rumour" came under the microscope recently during a discussion
>of rock family trees. One member of the panel left the rest of us open-
>mouthed with this bizarre allegation, only to be driven back to the
>baseline by another memebr of the panel who actually GETS A LIFT TO
>WORK every morning with Del Amitri's mum. Apparently Mrs Amitri has
>NEVER mentioned Momus, which I personally think rather pooh-poohs this
>far-fetched and foolish notion.

Well I definitely read it in an interview with Momus once too,
although I don't remember if it was head Del Boy or just the drummer.
Maybe Nick Currie is the black sheep of the family and that's why Mrs
Amitri doesn't mention him.  And maybe that song was really written as
a message to their evil disgraced cousin - you know, "Don't come home
too soon you bastard no-one in this family likes you".  Just a thought.

Old Nick
xx