Sinister: beef

Richard Hutt harrypalmer66 at xxx.com
Thu Jul 2 18:05:53 BST 1998

Oh, it's probably far too late for this request now, but I'm taking a
little work trip up north this weekend. Can any San Franciscans
reccomend entertainment options? Does the 4th of July mean that things
shut down? Does everybody go off barbecuing and the like? Have I chanced
upon a B&S picnic?

In an earlier life, I had "The House of Love" painted on the back of my
jacket, before it all went horribly wrong. It was the 80's, we were
young and foolish. Well at least I was. They were such a textbook
example of what used to happen to promising bands once they were
consumed by clueless majors. I remember overhearing a conversation in a
pub in Hammersmith once, their manager talking to their producer about
how important it was to rid them of "that shabby indie sound" and "beef
up" the drums. Both had pony tails. I think it used to be a lot more
'them v. us' in those days.

I'm sure I had a point. It'll come to me.

Richard