Sinister: glandular fever... arse

rob b rewb2 at xxx.uk
Sun Jul 5 17:50:33 BST 1998

hello all

i'm ill with glandular fever at the moment, so i expect lots of sympathy
from you lot!

aanyway, i just posted 'the thought fox', a rather nice poem by ted hughes.
 it's something i'm always reminded of by the song 'the fox in the snow'
(for obvious reasons).  and i was just wondering if anyone else found the
same sort of thing happened with any other songs.  are you reminded of a
work of art, literature, poem, film, or indeed anything at all, when you
hear one of belle and sebastian's songs?

i find 'slow graffiti' reminds me of 'the picture of dorian gray' a bit,
because of the lines: 'there's a portrait in a back room which i keep for
days upon which i relent and gaze for hours on the muscles skin and bone of
some imaginary friend.'
and that reminds me - slow graffiti, isn't that song going to be in 'the
acid house' when it comes out?  does anyone know when the film is due to
grace our cinemas?

so sampras has won again...  hmmm, i'm getting rather bored of him winning
wimbledon every year.

ah well, time for tea.

rob