Sinister: The boy who's always dancing

debbie debbie.prior at xxx.com
Sun Jul 5 18:26:59 BST 1998

jon g wrote:
> Please, let's not have an 80s revival, everyone.  I wasn't culturally
alive
> in the 80s, but there seems to be nothing of any real cultural
significance
> yelling at me from the last decade, unlike the 60s and 70s, which are
> screaming at me all day long.  All there seems to be is dodgy kiddy casio
> keyboards and pop stars who don't write their own songs.  I know there
must
> have been more, but I can't see it.  Can anyone help?  Or I am I right?

ok, so not having been born until 1980 myself (8th July, making me 18 on
Wednesday, just so yous know...), i'm probably not the best authority on
this decade, but what about The Smiths?- one of the greastest groups EVER.
And believe me, i do not hand out recomendations like that lightly.

actualy, there's a way for me to link B&S in with this (for the first time
in ages). I've just been reading 'Morrissey & Marr- the Severed Alliance'
while listening to 'Seymour Stein' for the first time in ages. He was
mentioned in the book, then i heard the line "he reminded you of
Johnny/before he went Electronic" Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. I never
heard that bit before. Hehehe that is *so* cool.

anyhoo, what about Adam Ant? or Blondie? or New Order? or JAMC? or Billy
Bragg? or countless others that i'm too young to remember...

> jon g. [just been out to see grease with bethey and it was *great* - v.
> funny]

tis a truely marvellous film... encouraging kids to smoke, pierce their own
ears, drink and completely change their looks and personality in order to
get a shag. bought it when i was 10 and have loved it to death ever since.
Incidently, got the top of my ear pierced last week and it is still
throbbing and aching like hell. am scared it is gonna go all infected and
mutated and icky. ouch.

woohoo! Don't Look Back is gonna be on at the Filmhouse. Yay!

Sorry, i get excited easily. and i'm still trying to get over the rather
amusing fact that Curly Watts from Corrie was in a band with Johnny Marr.
Hehehe.

love,
Debbie xx

(swooning already at the thought of seeing Bernard Butler again, at T in
the Park; oooooooh he is a guitar god...)