Sinister: New Products

Chris Leonard cleonard at xxx.COM
Tue Jul 7 10:59:03 BST 1998

>Alright who was it. I bet it was Chris Leonard, looking for new undies.

It wasn't me, honest it wasn't.  But a damn fine site, and my thanks to
the mysterious pant fan who felt secure enough to share.

Oh what a lovely day.   It's on days like these....that I....
remember....The church hall thing on Friday.  Isobel was dressed up as a
cowgirl.  Fantastic!  She played some Nick Cave records and Je Taime,
which I thought was a bit out of order in a church hall.  God hates
that.  Camera Obscura played first, then Stevie sang some nice songs.
What a charming young man he is, and probably rather fertile.  It was
more of a comedy act than a sing song.  He does a wicked Johnny Cash
impression, don't you know.  I feel this should be encouraged.  Then
Astrid  played and were very energetic, and sang pleasant harmonies.
They ended with the classy song  "Are you a boy or a girl?  Either way
- you rock my world!!!".  Murdoch approved.

But the best bit was at the end, when Murdoch gave everyone who played
little trophies
and a little present for helping him raise money to get a new fence.
And
Chris G and Isobel got runner up medals for djing.  Classy.  I've seen
Murdoch in
his short shorts.  ug ug ug (like Popeye).

Peter Easton played Dirty Dream #2 on the radio on Sunday.  It's rather
fine and got
big strings and banging drums.  Little snippets of the melody reminded
me of the "if you would sing along"  bit of "the boy done wrong again".
But that's ok.  It's a totally different song.  I like Belle and
Sebastian.  Especially when they dress up in silly clothes.

Sincerely,
         cl