Sinister: Re : 10 Roddington Place

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 7 15:20:53 BST 1998

Peter wrote :

>I would prefer to hear Lickle Sarah's opinions of the 80s groups >mentioned
>rather than the pronouncements of experts. I know it takes all >sorts, but I
>don't think people should feel shy about expressing themselves >just because
>some people manage to give a hazy impression of authority. That's >not to say
>the experts aren't welcome, but it would be nice to get a balance >of sorts.
>Besides which, Sarah knows L!O!A!D!S!

Indeed, having been a "kid" in the eighties and growing up with certain bands, there is a strong tendency to ignore eveything else that went on in that era.

We all know the New Orders, Depche Modes, Smiths, Cures etc etc and can all give our tuppence worth on those bands we liked, but I too would love to hear the views of those who have delved back in the archives with their 50p bargain basement Oxfam rejects.

Above all I might learn something today.

I for one thought there were T!O!O! many espadrilles around.
Sorry Espadrille.

Simon Le BonBon.