Sinister: fish keeping - not for the faint hearted

Vicky Parkinson uczcvap at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 7 16:30:43 BST 1998

I thought I should warn Sinister people of the hidden dangers of keeping
goldfish. Having kept fish in a little platic tank with no filter, air pump
etc, for years, I was told by friends that I was cruel and should buy them
a super duper big glass tank with a filter and air pump. So I treated my
fish at christmas to a lovely 3ft tank with all the trimmings, and after a
few weeks bought them some companions to play with, so I had 6 fish
swimming happily around. Except they didn't swim happily for very long,
they got a yukky disease called white spot which meant that they were cover
in white blobs that were itchy and they kept rubbing their scales on all
available surfaces and even tried to commit suicide on various occassions,
so much were they suffering. I managed to buy medication, and they were
cured, but three died. So I decided to buy some more, from a better pet
shop. This is when the nightmare truly began. I bought cannibal fish. One
fish got it's stomach eaten away, another got it's mouth eaten away so it
couldn't eat anything, and the last one to be eaten was swimming around
without a tail, because the most viscious goldfish had been eating the
flesh away the was at the base of the tail. That left two fish, and the
viscious cannibal bullied the other one so much that it lost the will to
live and died. So I killed the other one, and am now emotionally scarred
and have a tank etc going spare - anyone interested?! It is quite scary to
read a goldfish book and see just what diseases they can get, some are very
very grusome

Has anyone heard the new Placebo track? I was never a huge fan, but the
rhymes on the new track are just fantastic - 'A friend in need is a friend
indeed, a friend with weed is better.....' (I can't actually remember any
more off hand, I'll have to blag a copy so I can learn it off by heart)

Truly the most brilliant fantastically rhyming lyrics I have heard in
years, and such a catchy tune as well, it's going to be big.

Electronic music, surely ELO are the kings?

80's bargain bucket lps available in Camberwell include Prefab Sprout,
Madonna, Rick Astley (my hero), Kylie, 5 star, A-HA, Spandau Ballet, and
other class acts. Singles are more interesting as you find hundreds of one
hit wonders

New album and tour! I'll just have to finish my dissertation in 8 weeks
instead of ten so i can truly appreciate it, hah hah.

Vicky