Sinister: A swipe at the eighties, seventies, sixties...

Kevan Cooke kcooke at xxx.uk
Tue Jul 7 14:51:00 BST 1998

You can keep your Belle and Sebastian T-Shirts...

What we need are Belle and Sebastian crotchless panties!

David Kitchen, get in touch with Bainbridge & Boston's Lingerie Online
and get them on the case!  Be careful not to order the Modern Rock Song
peep-hole bra, it don't exist!

Yes, the Eighties sucked in a major way, but when our collective memories
have succesfully erased Spandau Ballet, Howard Jones, Huey Lewis,
Jive Bunny, and a hundred thousand Stock Aitken and Waterman records we
will probably delude ourselves into thinking that the Eighties were really
all about Dexys, the Smiths, and the Cure.

And anyone who tells you that the Seventies were a great time for music
was not there, or is well ahead of me in the memory erasing process.

And as for the Sixties... Rubber Ball by Bobby Vee... need I say more?

Kevan