Sinister: 10 Pattington Street / The Jazz Butcher

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Tue Jul 7 17:22:12 BST 1998

The Duke Of Harringay wrote ...

>can i just say that passion wins out over 'authority' every time,
>especially when it's a passion that wears such great references on it's
>sleeve. Um, i hope i'm not someone who gives a hazy sense of authority
>and if i do, um, i'm sorry.
>
>can i just suggest that linda's fish gets called Didier? no reason, just
>getting these weird flashbacks to my childhood :-)

May I suggest that Linda's fish should be named Pat ... as in Pat Fish
a.k.a. The Jazz Butcher who praised the P!O!P! circuit in the early Eighties
with lovely little tunes such as "Girls Who Keep Goldfish" accompanied by a
couple of my favourite instruments, namely flute and xylophone ?

Um, yeah ... the sleeve of the _In Bath Of Bacon_ debut album states, inter
alia, "File Under: Wigged Out" and "HERE IT IS AT LAST! The hep young sound
of today's beat élite, direct from the soul kitchen and served, still
blazing, to your table!" ... some UK listees might (also) remember Pat Fish
as the host of the "Transmission" music show in the early Nineties.

Besides, I'm in a long life search for the _In Bath Of Bacon_ CD, _A Scandal
In Bohemia / Sex And Travel_ CD, _Distressed Gentlefolk_ CD, _Big Questions_
CD and _The Gift Of Music_ CD by The Jazz Butcher in case anyone wouldn't
mind to part with them ... alternatively a swap with the original vinyl formats.

"Girls who keep goldfish
 Interest me strangely
 Girls who keep goldfish
 Fascinate my mind"