Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Jul 7 19:34:04 BST 1998

Stephen You Don't Eat Meat wrote:

>I can recommend the soundtrack to "Here We Go 'Round the Mulberry Bush"
>which I notice has been reissued. Not only does it feature Mr Stevie
>Winwood, and so is full of gritty wooden soul and all that Wellah business,
>but it's also from a film set in Swinging Stevenage, and reminds me of my
>innocent youth, before I was lured into the evil buckaroo den of Jasper,
>Tarquin and the rest of the metrosexuals...

I've seen this one, featuring Traffic, The Spencer Davis Group and
Incidental Dialogue, all wrapped up in a nice dayglo cover, like The Knack.
If I had money coming out of my ears I'd buy them both, just for the covers.

>I expect that maybe one person on the list will be interested to know that
>when REM played at that Tibet thing recently, their replacement drummer was
>a bloke called Joey Waronker.

I don't know who you're talking about, Stephen, but I'm interested as well.
And lemurs continue to float my boat in the most delightful way. As indeed
did Didier Pironi, of the legendary Ligiers Gitanes team. I've never been so
disappointed as when I found out Gitanes taste like shit. I've just been on
the Belle and Sebastian hotline, and, after a quick vote, it has been
narrowly decided that they do approve of Duke's perversity, whether
connected to motor racing journalism or not. My top ten F1 drivers, off the
top of my head, would be: Pironi, Fangio, Moss (Jon), Piquet (for that
kicking incident)...erm...how many's that? Hockenheim, Davina Galica (for a
bit of glamour), Arrows, Mister Derek form Basil Brush and Clarence Seedorf.
Speaking of which...

Jackie Stewart