Sinister: It Could Have Been A Brilliant Career

Manzello at xxx.com Manzello at xxx.com
Wed Jul 8 08:18:12 BST 1998

I've had the pleasure of listening to the new B&S album for a bit, and I feel
I would be remiss in my duties as a listee if I didn't share a few of my
thoughts.  If you would rather not know anything more about the new album,
then this would be a good place to stop reading.

I wasn't particularly surprised by anything on the record--another fine
collection of dreamy pop tunes.  One of the best things is that Isobel (I
think) sings a bit more, including "Is It Wicked Not To Care."  There is one
spoken word track, "A Spaceboy Dream."  My personal favourites are "The Boy
With The Arab Stap," "Dirty Dream No. 2," and a wonderfully wriggling synth
tune, "Sleep Around The Clock."

I could help but recognise that a couple of the songs that I liked best were
not included in the Jeepster track listing.  I suppose time will tell whether
they are saving a couple of gems for b-sides, or if I just have dismally bad
taste in music.

If I had to list this all of the B&S records, "1" being my most favourite and
counting the three ep's as one release, my list would be as follows:

1)ep's
2)new album
3)tigermilk
4)iyfs