Sinister: The Captains Table

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 8 09:27:56 BST 1998

Vickwee wrote :

>I thought I should warn Sinister people of the hidden dangers of >keeping goldfish.

>so I had 6 fish
>swimming happily around. Except they didn't swim happily for very >long, they got a yukky disease called white spot which meant that >they were cover in white blobs that were itchy and they kept >rubbing their scales on all available surfaces and even tried to >commit suicide on various occassions,

My fish occasionally get this whitespot, I pour half a bottle of Calomine lotion to stop them itching.

Very successful aquarium, mine.

>So I decided to buy some more,
>and the last one to be eaten was swimming around without a tail, >because the most viscious goldfish had been eating the flesh away >the was at the base of the tail.

Aren't Goldfish vegetarian ?
Despite the fact we pump them full of powdered fish bits.

>So I killed the other one,

Nice touch.

Duke wrote :

>i have been toying with the idea of writing
>an article on my ten favourite f1 drivers recently

Surely by Jeeves this must include the Japanese driver who, a couple of years ago crashed out of a race, got out of his motor and promtly walked unsighted into the path of a safety vehicle...Up over the bonnet he did go...
It's not funny really, well actually it is but we shouldn't laugh.
Can't remember whether it was Suzuki, Nakano or Kamikaze.... probably.

And then there was Rene Arnoux.  I'm sorry, how can such a glamorous team as Ferrari go with a driver called Rene ?  He's clearly never going to win a thing with a name like that, and for that and that alone I vote Linda's Honeypet should be called Rene or Arnoux or Rene Arnoux or Ferrari or Enzo or Enzo Ferrari or shut up Adrian.

Many happy returns of the day to young Debbie me thinks.

Mike Hawthorns.