Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Jul 8 13:47:08 BST 1998

The lovely Adrianne wrote:

And then there was Rene Arnoux.  I'm sorry, how can such a glamorous team as
Ferrari go with a driver called Rene ?  He's clearly never going to win a
thing with a name like that, and for that and that alone I vote Linda's
Honeypet should be called Rene or Arnoux or Rene Arnoux or Ferrari or Enzo
or Enzo Ferrari or shut up Adrian.

Does anyone remember Rene Arnoux's performance on Superstars? He was short
and unfit and came in about half an hour after everyone else in the hundred
metres dash. Not a patch on Brian Jacks. Where are they now? And wasn't Rene
with Renault? Superstars, what a great programme. I wonder how much they got
paid?

Wriggling synth tunes? Just how wriggling? Higgledy piggledy  ne'er do well
wriggling or sinuous snakey sexy song snake wriggling?

So, our old friend Mister Waronker has moved on to Dreamworks, eh? Now
THERE'S a definitive story I would like to read. I can't really imagine
McCarthy being a thrill a minute, unless someone makes it all up. Has anyone
got that Cherry Red book, every indie pop release of the 80s or something?
And has anyone seen the B&S entry in the Virgin Book of Alternative Rock?
It's not very good. Perhaps this topic was covered while I was away. In
which case, mea extrema culpa.

The Smiths are underrated. Their time will come.

Thanks for that charming pen portrait of Baronet Roddington on patrol at T
in the Park. I am relieved to hear it's only his sister in the purple
frightwig, and he won't be breeding just yet. I don't know, Popgob, endless
reams of press
coverage, and now making records in his bedroom! We certainly are lucky on
this list to have our very own Jonathan King. Long may he reign!

Peter