Sinister: Meet Mike, he swims like a fish

Mctaggart, Robert MctaggartR at xxx.com
Wed Jul 8 17:54:00 BST 1998

Hello Nasties,

Yesterday was a great day to be Sinister.  I laughed, I cried, I danced
the hoochie-coo.  It helped me get over the extraordinary "breakbeat"
incident of the day before.  I can't believe there's someone who hasn't
even heard the new B&S LP and is already wringing his hands in despair
that it might be...different...with nasty, horrid electronic bits on it.
I'm not a violent man, but come the revolution all purists will be stood
up against a wall and shot.

Stephen Fotherington-Trousers wrote:

>I can recommend the soundtrack to "Here We Go 'Round the Mulberry
?>Bush" which I notice has been reissued. Not only does it feature Mr
>Stevie Winwood, and so is full of gritty wooden soul and all that
>Wellah business, but it's also from a film set in Swinging Stevenage,
>and reminds me of my innocent youth, before I was lured into the evil
>buckaroo den of Jasper, Tarquin and the rest of the metrosexuals...

The best thing about "Here we go round the mulberry bush" was the sight
of our very own 'vet in harness' Christopher Timothy (before the days
when he stuck his arm up the rear ends of hapless cattle for art)
hanging from the rail of a double decker with *the* most inane grin you
have ever seen, a feat he later repeated when advertising "The Sun".
It's got Adrienne Posta in it too.  I like her.

MILLER wrote:

>I didn't really mean anyone in particular, and I wasn't just >referring
to the list, it's just that sometimes we all get kinda hung >up on
"knowledge" instead of just diggin' the sounds. That's all that
>matters, and it's beautiful, baby! Why should we get all tongue-tied
>if we don't know the title of every b-side and the names of the
>musicians? Let go, go with the flow. No references required. Daws >will
peck at them, man. There's no time. Passion is for the >passionate.

Peter, I am genuinely moved.  I'm filling up.

Debbie wrote of Rod:

>he's probably just taking his wee sister,

No, it's JJ in a dress.

>like last year. I saw him. and he was wearing that bloody Helen Love
>t-shirt too. He obviously doesn't have any other clothes, poor lad.

Here I am, thinking as usual about Dave.  Oooh, Dave is wonderful, Dave
can do anything.  When POW! .... out pops my Fairy Godmother with her
"I'll give you three wishes routine".  Wish number one is easy.  Next I
wish we were both at the seaside....

Keith "Four Big Speakers" Watson wrote:

>Linda, I'll have to concur with Andreas, I think you should name your
>fish in honour of the Jazz Butcher, and call it Pat Butcher.

I'm sorry, I have nothing to add.  I just thought it was worth
repeating, in case anyone missed it.

Finally "Northy" wrote:

>hi I am new to this list and have been sitting around for a while not
>saying much

The gall of the man!!!  Northy, I salute you.

>oh and you can just call me Thorny

Call me what you like, Northy, just so long as you call me...

Love,
Ronnie Peterson xxx