Sinister: fish keeping and ELO!

Sarah sarah at xxx.uk
Wed Jul 8 18:47:47 BST 1998

Hello!

Lets get right to it...

Vicky wrote...
>Electronic music, surely ELO are the kings?

YES YES YES!!! For MR BLUE SKY which is one of the most amazing songs
ever in the whole entire world of P!O!P, POP, Pop, (pop?) and
POPADOODARDAY even, ELO have produced one of my fave songs ever. Even
though it's ACTUALLY from 1979 as a somwehat pedantic person told me :)
only kidding :)

I don't quite like terming them as "Electronic Music" though, that seems
to convey such emotional detachment, and Mr Blue Sky is really moving in
a beautiful happyjoy sun shining through! style...."Electronic" music
makes me still think of Kraftwerk and the Pet Shop Boys, all great, but
no overt emotion. Which can also be good, but it's not ELO...

>I expect that maybe one person on the list will be interested to know that
>when REM played at that Tibet thing recently, their replacement drummer was
>a bloke called Joey Waronker.

Hehehehehe.....I know you did not mean me, but that is hilariously funny
anyway.....Hehehehe....Waronker....sounds a bit like Plonker!!! And
that's just RUDE!!! oooooh!

oh, and honeychile! Get another fish, and call your two fishes "Smelly",
and "Belly". Well, I laughed at that for a whole five minutes once. (I
am so bored at college, you don't understand how dull it gets...leave me
alone...)
I'M GOING NOW BYE!!!!!!
Sarah