Sinister: the Millenium

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Wed Jul 8 22:53:46 BST 1998

Madame Cholet wrote:
> >The left Banke

	Excellent band! I personally prefer them to the Free Design a tiny bit,
but it's all a matter of taste. Speaking of taste, I recall seeing that
B&S covered the Left Banke back at that one show of theirs.

> >Millenium
> Very few people i've talked to have heard of the Millenium record....

	True, and I think most of them owe it to ex-listie Murray ;)  Yes, I
too have been thoroughly enjoying my copy of their (sadly) only album.
Especially "I Just Wanna Be Your Friend." Brilliant basslines. Also,
despite the fact that few people have heard of the Millenium, Robert
Wratten (of Field Mice/Trembling Blue Stars fame) listed it as one of
the records he'd been listening to recently, in a recent interview.

> It's the producer of The Association, who's singing... right?

	Which Association album? I've got "Insight Out," and it was produced by
someone named "Bones Howe" (hehe) whom is decidedly *not* Kurt
Boettcher, (sp?) the voice of the Millenium. I think Kurt did produce
quite a few things, though, so maybe it's a different album.

> Someone told me it was reissued on Columbia Records, but i've looked everywhere!

	Yep, with *exclusive unreleased songs!* Well, only two, but they're
both worth tracking the reissue down for if you have the original.

> I have a tape of it somewhere, and it's *lovely*...

	I concur wholeheartedly!

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com