Sinister: Meet Mike, he swims like a fish

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Thu Jul 9 01:27:54 BST 1998

Robert McRagtag wrote ...

>Yesterday was a great day to be Sinister.  I laughed, I cried, I danced
>the hoochie-coo.  It helped me get over the extraordinary "breakbeat"
>incident of the day before.  I can't believe there's someone who hasn't
>even heard the new B&S LP and is already wringing his hands in despair
>that it might be...different...with nasty, horrid electronic bits on it.

Welly well, the above lines make me wonder whether the writer has even heard
the Looper 7" himself (no, having heard the forthcoming B&S album would be
cheating) ... seeing that the flipside entitled "Spaceboy Dream #3" is
a(nother) version of "Spaceboy Dream #2" from the forthcoming album I'd
humbly suggest that the considerations at issue are not necessarily
unfounded, unless you view Belle And Sebastian as the sole baby of Stuart
Murdoch ... keeping in mind former disgressions such as "Electronic
Renaissance" or ear witnesses who mentioned <gasp> "clean" production.
Personally I'd like to read more critical thoughts on this mailing list,
even better when they prevent the unnorthy kids from making a minor
investment for a piece of plastic which may (or may not) cause
dissapointment ... definitely much more appreciated than a dozen two line
messages expressing their "thoughtful" excitement following the latest news,
even though this made for more B&S "content" in one day than over the last
month ... have I mentioned the deliberate misuse of the description P!O!P!
yet ? Oh well, this mailing list is probably too clique-ish for my liking
... "My Days Are Numbered".

Discuss. ยง;^D

>I'm not a violent man, but come the revolution all purists will be stood
>up against a wall and shot.

"Shoot Me Down" (The Groovy Little Numbers)

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella
But more upon the just because