Sinister: Everybody is happy, they are glad that they came

Reid Dossinger itstrue at xxx.net
Thu Jul 9 13:56:05 BST 1998

I meant to say this a few days ago, but it's good to see a mention or
two of Rufus Wainwright.  This is definitely a record that B&S fans
should check out.  It's pretty show-tuney, but that man has a voice that
would stop time.  And his sister's voice is even lovelier.

The early 80's were the last time for great music on the top 40.  I
don't necessarily expect Jon to understand it (and I don't mean that as
an insult at all).  I just think that it makes a huge difference to have
been a radio-listening junior high kid, taping Casey Kasem and waiting
to find out what the new number one was (back in the days before a song
could hold the #1 spot for 3 months, like it is now).  But it's more
that just nostalia...back in the heady days of 1992-3, I started
co-hosting an early-80's show at my college radio station, and I
realized just how *good* so many of the songs were.  Sure there were
some unbelieveably bad songs.  But you have to push those aside...The
'90's will be the same way.  Sure, there's been some absolute crap, but
there's been some amazing songs, too.  And when the opening bit of
"Loser" cranks out of the speakers at the '90's dances in ten years, the
place'll go nuts.

> ps as for B&S content, can we request where B&S will perform in the US?
> Can I indulge in a large whisper and say Baltimore is the place to be??

Oh, boo hoo!  You'll have to drive a whole HOUR to D.C.!  And I'm pretty
sure they won't skip our nations capital.  And I'll have to drive 5
hours to see the same show...unless they see it in their hearts to play
in Chapel Hill.  Yeah, I'm not holding my breath, either...

Does ANYONE know what happened to the Modern Rock Song EP?  Anyone?  Or
are you just ignoring me?

Had like poor Job in the Bible,
    Reid