Sinister: lovely

Kiewel, Tony tonyk at xxx.com
Thu Jul 9 17:42:51 BST 1998

> I meant to say this a few days ago, but it's good to see a mention or
> two of Rufus Wainwright.  This is definitely a record that B&S fans
> should check out.  It's pretty show-tuney, but that man has a voice
> that
> would stop time.  And his sister's voice is even lovelier.

	I've been fortunate enough to see Rufus live a couple of times
(once with his sister) and he is absolutely charming. I'm not sure if
anyone has mentioned them here before, but I figure with everyone
rushing to the Sub Pop mail order catalog for Looper 7"'s now's the time
to bring up the Pernice Brothers. The band features several members of
the Lilys, but more importantly their album is amazingly lovely. Sweet
and heart felt from beginning to end. I would go so far as to say it's
probably my favorite album of 1998 so far (bearing in mind the new B&S
record isn't out yet!).

	-tonyk