Sinister: plural looper

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Thu Jul 9 19:19:59 BST 1998

i too got my Looper singles this morning (one for me, one for the
duchess), handed to me as i stepped from the door on my way to school.
They sat safely in my filing cabinet all day until i just got home an
hour ago and i just played them (well i only played mine actually) and,
well, i really love it. It's strange, but the record really reminds me
of me, if that doesn't sound too conceited. It's like, well, it sounds
for all the world like a little segment of a Duke's Living Room set,
with some blips and slow beats and then some break beats and a spoken
word thing over the top. Stuart's stories, particularly Impossible
Things, are lovely understated pieces, and really remind me of the short
pieces we used to stick in the LR booklets, not that anyone read them,
but whatever. It's just weird is all... and really nice to feel that
maybe someone somewhere else has a similar sensibility or something.
Which of course is part of the magic of magical Pop. I also got the
Hefner LP yesterday but remain unsure on it. 'Love Will Destroy Us...'
is great, and there's an interesting New York Underground feel to it in
places... i mean, at times i'm thinking this is 77 Talking Heads, and
that's no bad thing. Playing it again right now hoping it will connect a
bit more.

keep the faith,

the duke