Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Thu Jul 9 22:30:40 BST 1998

On Thu, 9 Jul 1998, Keith Watson wrote:

> Roddney, this is just how I remember you, around about the time when I tried
> to give you lines just outside the Science block. You were a cheeky little
> bastard. I couldn't bring myself to do it in the end. Do you remember that?
>
> http://www.begbie.com/rod/photos/teens3.jpg

I think you are *HUGELY* mistaken.

1)  I was never, ever, *EVER* even the faintest bit cheeky to prefects, as
    I recognised the fact that people two years older than me were *SO*
    much more mature, and therefore well deserving in the ability to hand
    out lines.

2)  I would never, ever, EVER, *EVER, (snip -Ed.) do anything in the first
    place which would warrant a sixth year to even consider giving me
    lines.

3)  I don't even remember that the first paragraph of the rulebook was "In
    your life and work at Dollar Academy, we ask you at all times to
    consider the feelings and interests of other people.  Good
    relationships are based on courtesy, on respect and on
    thoughtfulness."

In a fit of chutzpah-induced pettiness, I e-mailed the FP Newsletter last
week with this titbit:

Upon completing his Computing Science degree at Heriot-Watt University,
Rod Begbie (F1-F5, 88-93) has accepted an invitation to work in Boston, MA
from one of BusinessWeek Magazine's "Top 10 Hot Growth Companies In
America".  He remains virtually contactable through http://www.begbie.com

Oh, hang on...  you didn't see me, I'm not subscribed, I know nothing
about any lingerie, and purple-wig-girl ain't my sister, or my girlfriend.

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |