Sinister: voodoo

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Fri Jul 10 00:00:21 BST 1998

> For each song you have on a mysteriously acquired tape of demos, thirty
> points.

Where can I mysteriously acquire a demo?

> Have you heard any songs that you just KNOW are about YOU!? 250 big ones!

how about an extra 500 if you are not under chemical treatments?

> Stuart Murdoch had to sell most of his record collection because.........

It was either that or strip?

> Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 20:02:20 +0100 (BST)
> From: Stuart Gardiner <skg21 at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Sinister: Sons of Showaddywaddy

> Well unfortunately I can't claim to have heard the album, but like a lot
> of people here I've already heard (and have tapes of) over half the songs
> on the album, either on the radio sessions or at gigs. And no, they're
not
> about to reveal a new "techno" direction... Sure, the album will have
> different song styles on it, otherwise it would get monotonous and dull
> very quickly; why is that a problem?

Yeah!  No more!

Although techno is not entirely scary if done the right way.  For example,
a friend of mine in a death metal band which lacks a percusionist and uses
a drum machine told of an amusing incident when they were playing a gig and
the machine wasn't hooked up properly to the output speakers made an
interesting Nintendo/Pong sound over their music.

Plink! Plink Plink! Over deathmetal.

> PS I, too, think it would be a good idea for B&S to play Baltimore. Even
> though I don't know where it is. Shall we start a petition?

How about in the exact center of the country therefore nobody is
discriminated against?