Sinister: Sons of Showaddywaddy

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Fri Jul 10 00:16:30 BST 1998

A couple of misapprehensions ...

Stuart Gardiner replied ...

>Well unfortunately I can't claim to have heard the album, but like a lot
>of people here I've already heard (and have tapes of) over half the songs
>on the album, either on the radio sessions or at gigs.

Same here as regards the radio sessions ... it may be the infamous language
barrier on my behalf, but possibly some of you should pay closer attention
to the terminology employed. The bottom line of my original message was that
everyone is entitled to share their opinions ("not necessarily unfounded"),
especially when providing for some decent B&S content ... one self-assertive
fellow listee seemed it more appropriate to slander such thoughts, though.
Actually I'm quite fond of "Electronic Renaissance" ... furthermore, I'm
convinced that the forthcoming B&S album will take the world by storm,
although I might have problems with the "clean" production ... I'm one sad
purist, y'know. Besides, the original Looper 7" review was the most
interesting message in a very long time ...

The most entertaining message in a very long time was written by one PJ
Miller, though.

>Belle and Sebastian competition

Pretty funny indeed ...

>But before that, just a quick answer to a
>couple of points. First, lots of people on the list live about two days on
>horseback from the nearest B&S fan, so I think they're entitled to express
>their excitement about the new record on the list, even if it is a bit dull
>for those of us who are terribly sophisticated and can keep our emotions in
>check, like Kraftwerk.

Kraftwerk were German, weren't they ? ยง;^D

Of course everyone is entitled to express their excitement, be it on the
list or in a public toilet ... as stated originally, I still reserve the
right to be indifferent regarding such mails, which doesn't necessarily mean
that I'm less excited. Two days on horseback ... that's funny.

>Secondly, any clique-ishness on the list is an
>illusion. It's been said time and time again that anyone can join in, if
>they want to, whether the subject is Free Design or Grand Prix motor racing
>drivers' smoking habits.

My original message was addressed to one prominent fellow listee who found
it terribly alarming that another less prominent fellow listee expressed
humble opinions about a possible change of direction. You're
one loyal bunch seeing that no-one commented on the stepping stone, but
several listees pick up on the relatively mild reply.

"Funny Old World" (Buba & The Shop Assistants)

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella
But more upon the just because