Sinister: tadpoles, chihuahuas & newts

MWaggner at xxx.com MWaggner at xxx.com
Fri Jul 10 01:37:25 BST 1998

> or a small chiuauha because at the
>  moment on american tv there is something of a chiuahua phemomenon with a
>  guatemalan guerilla freedom fighter chiuauah and apparently he wears the
>  hat quite happily

I find chihuahuas pretty awful little yappy nasty things, and often long to
drop-kick them, but!  Each year on Cinco de Mayo, a radio station in New
Haven, CT broadcasts from a Mexican restaurant ... free margueritas and
such... BUT, they put out a call for people who own chihuahuas to bring them
down, and they hold a Chihauhua Stampede!! through the restaurant.  They put
little sombreros on them and just turn them loose -- maybe after a taco or a
monkey or something.   God, someday I am definitely going to go to that... it
sounds so great on the radio and I suspect it would be incredibly fun to be
there -- especially after drinking a lot of margueritas at 8 in the morning.

Sorry about your  tadpoles, Racheeee -- that's so sad.  When I was little I
had some in a fishbowl, and was watching them grow (science in the home and
all that). They were just getting their little legs when, in a burst of love
and caring, I fed them LOTS of extra food, thinking it would make them grow
big and strong.  They ate every bit, and then died of it, putting me into a
fit of guilt and sorrow.  Gosh, I still feel bad right now thinking about
it...  So, all you aquatic life owners -- when it comes to feeding, less is
definitely more.

But, newts in hats!  Newts in hammocks with tropical drinks!  Newts in little
newt communities, with houses and  playgrounds!  It boggles the mind...

--michele/simone