Sinister: Meet Mike, he swims like a fish

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Fri Jul 10 09:10:53 BST 1998

-----Original Message-----
From: Perfection As A Hipster <Andreas.Hering at xxx.de>
To: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Date: 09 July 1998 01:32
Subject: Re: Sinister: Meet Mike, he swims like a fish

>Personally I'd like to read more critical thoughts on this mailing list,
>even better when they prevent the unnorthy kids from making a minor
>investment for a piece of plastic which may (or may not) cause
>dissapointment ...

Arg!  I can't be critical of them.  They're wonderful.  I'm obsessed.

B&S are just soooooooooooooooooo gorgeous I cannot find it in my heart to be
critical of them - it would make me feel like I was being nasty to them.

I can't do it.

Anyway, we can't have an 80s revival yet - we're only 8 years away from the
end and having one now would is dangerous - people are still to connected
with their decade to live it again in a cheap schoolgirl-it's-the-latest
craze fashion.  I can't cope with the 80s.  They scare me.

Carrick C Blair said:
>And really jon g, for any avid fan of Belle & Sebastian, how could a
>decade that was graced not only by Orange Juice, but also Felt have
><nothing of any real cultural significance yelling> at you. Isn't that
>enough. And besides, seeing the one who writes the majority of the lyrics
>for our favorite band spent the majority of his impressionable years in
>the 80's, it might be worth your while to take a closer look.

Ok, they probably would be.  I'm really scared now.  I wasn't killing the
80s off, I just meant that they don't mean anything to little me.

Perfection as a Hipster said:
>I wouldn't mind borrowing the "masters", interested youngsters could
>establish a snail mail chain forwarding the cassettes to each other for
>individual dubbings or someone might volunteer to make copies for other
>listees provided s/he'll be reimbursed as regards the expenses. Besides, in
>my humble opinion the last decade was the most enjoyable in terms of P!O!P!
>music, closely followed by the Sixties.
>Only a thought ... of course, Jon would be the first recipient of said
>cassettes. ยง;^D

That's a nice idea, but a bit of a hassle, non?

I have a good idea.  I'm going into town at precisely 13:00 hours today.  At
12:50 I will check my email you can all send me your suggestions for one 80s
record that I *have* to own.  The one I'm most convinced by, I will buy.
Oh, and nothing too, you know.

There.  Get writing.  Upon noone writing, I shall buy somthing of my own
choice, most probably from the late 60s/early 70s.

Oooh.  Isn't Erin's tape tree idea rather good?

Right, I'm off to play with the hoover (vacuum cleaner).

love
a very tired jon g.
jon.g at btinternet.com - http://surf.to/jongandbethey
birthday: 18th july