Sinister: Picnics and more info..

david kitchen shop at xxx.uk
Fri Jul 10 14:30:37 BST 1998

ok, i'm sorry for being slack, but i'm busy right?
well, whatever, sorry for the delay in all this info, below you'll find an amended version of the
text from picnics page that has ben bought up to date.

thanks for reminding me about it - i'd forgotten to post because of the mess on my desk.

--

LONDON PICNIC SATURDAY 11th July @ 2PM PRIMROSE HILL

From: David

Who's welcome?: We can never stress this enough, simply put everyone is welcome, without exception
at all.

Transport: We're meeting at 2pm outside Camden Town tube station which is on the Northern Line (main
interchanges are Leicester Square, Kings Cross and Waterloo). You can also get there by catching a
bus, call London Transport on 0181 777 1234 for details of buses.

Location: The picnic itself will take place on the peak of Primrose Hill, if you arrive late or
don't want to meet us at the tube station you can get to Primrose Hill by heading up the Parkway
till you reach the main set of traffic lights, take the road that leads up to the right and that
carries you to the foot of the hill (some 500m), then just walk uphill till you're at the top of the
hill.

Events/Games: connect 4, twister, croquet, soccer, rounders/baseball, climbing trees and lamp-posts,
drinking copious amounts of alcohol, playing on the swings and see saw, listening to music, possibly
making a film, silly teenage games like "stuck in the mud", etc. We encourage people to bring along
games and activities, especially if loads of people can participate in them.

What to bring? well apart from yourself in a fine mood and with a sense of humour we'd recommend a
larger item of food for the communal pile (things like pringles & dips, sausage rolls, a salad,
quiche, you know the stuff) and some alcohol. At the last picnic our communal pile of food covered a
large blanket, it really makes it feel like a feast and adds to the atmosphere. For those that are
not travelling too far could you also bring board games, footballs, etc. We'll try to have a stereo
(courtesy of Susannah or Trousers), but please don't bring a ton of tapes as we won't have time to
play them!

If it pishes down? well then you'd find everyone in the Spread Eagle, the place that perpetually
tries to ban us, and we still go back :)

Updates: On the day you can phone 0181 560 1815 after 11am for updates. It's just an ansaphone, but
will let you know of any changes, and if it's raining, it should let you know where we'll be.

Problems or questions? then mail david kitchen on shop at jeepster.co.uk

--

david kitchen

     david kitchen : merchandising and websites : jeepster records

              visit the site at : http://www.jeepster.co.uk/

                   or mail us at : shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn