Sinister: I'm going to get you, Dastoor

Mark Casarotto Mark at xxx.com
Fri Jul 10 17:04:38 BST 1998

What's all this about me being a monster through and through? I'm gonna
duff you up in breaktime, Dastoor - meet you at the lampost at the top
of Primrose Hill, and come alone. Don't even think about bringing a few
dozen fey pop fans with you, either - I know your tricks.

Thinking about it, though, I actually DO scare small children for a
living. That's put a whole new perspective on working in children's
television.

I've just noticed - when I view my mail, there's a little box marked TAG
- presumably so that you can tick all the mails from our favourite
itinerant journo chum and either go straight ot them or ignore them as
is your wont. He doesn't half get around though, does he?

Sorry about being so ubiquitous today, but my motivation was struggling
at about midday, then a crepe and booze lunch, and now it's winding down
time. I did get collared by the MD when I got back from lunch, though,
so I expect my P45 to be trembling on the lip of the post box as we
speak...

I'm actually going to try and write something related to B&S. Every time
I listen to XFM in bed, and a sweet song comes on that I don't know, I
pray it's going to be Belle and Sebastian. It hasn't been yet, but as
the man Kennedy has played several of their songs in the past, I'm sure
he'll be as keen as I am to get them on air.

Are we going to be indulging in a purchasing strategy to get our
beloveds as high in the charts as possible? More importantly, what
happens when they get to number one and Honey's back breaks under the
strain of having another 100,000 listees? I'm not one to be cliquey, but
we were here first, and I for one will defend our bunch of 500 to the
death, I tell you, to the death!!!

I think Judy and the dream of horses is my favourite song this week.
Wht's yours?

Biondetto