Sinister: 80s records & tape trees

jon g. jon.g at xxx.com
Fri Jul 10 18:44:28 BST 1998

-------------------------------
Re: the 80s campaign
-------------------------------
Right, well, I decided to buy Orange Juice in the end, because soo many
people yelled it at me.  And I think I quite like it.  When bethey heard it,
she said "it's quite 80s, isn't it?", which made me laugh.  Anyway, thanks
for all your suggestions.  I may try some more of them later, if i find
myself in need of spending more cash.

-----------------------
Re: the tape tree
-----------------------
This sounds like a really good idea, but i don't quite understand it fully.
Does one person send a tape to the tree owner, who then sends it on to the
next person, who sends it on to the next?  Is there any limit to the number
of tapes that can pass through?  Are we going to have a boom of tapes around
christmas, costing us fortunes in postage costs?  And what if someone isn't
in and the tape stays on the doormat for months?  Or we could have regional
representatives - like someone sends a number copies of a tape to the tree
owner (the trunk?) and then he sends them to each of us, who send it round
smaller circles.  And what happens when there are loads of us on the tree?
Or is it totally different and each month, everyone has to make a tape for
someone different each month and then they send it on?  Pray explain.

Anyway, i'd be quite happy to do some organisation of it and stuff.
Whatever.

Right, I'm going.

love
jon g.