Sinister: 10 Roddington Place

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Sat Jul 11 09:29:59 BST 1998

PJMiller wrote:

> "Jarvis" on Looper. And "Jarvis":

ha ha ha. you have no idea how funny that joke remains ;-)

> I've read some of them. My favourite is the Manifesto, especially the
> suggestion that anyone who wants 4/4 beats all night should bugger off down
> the shops and buy a Cream LP. I'm paraphrasing, of course. The only story I
> can remember off the top of my head is about a bloke sitting on a bench that
> says "arab strap". I mean that has "arab strap" written on it, it doesn't
> actually say "arab strap" out loud,

oh it doesn't say Arab Strap at all... it says 'Shaz' and 'Boyzone', and
'NC Loved Me', the bloke is just LISTENING to Arab Strap. You get an 'F'
for your critical appraisal.

>  It's just weird is all... and really nice to feel that
> >maybe someone somewhere else has a similar sensibility or something.
>
> I know just what you mean. The same thing happened to me when I discovered
> Isaac Hayes a couple of years ago.

that's exactly what Isaac said about the experience.

> The
> teacher must have thought I was a complete twat.

ah, some things never change, do they?

> Keith was a prefect, eh?

one of my biggest regrets is not turning down the opportunity to be a
prefect. i would have been the first at my school to do so, but i
buckled under the pressure. we had to wear scummy green bands around the
cuffs of our blazers. the blazers were purple, and it was not a pretty
sight. But then nor was i so it didn't matter so much. i never did any
duties though... well i did a stair duty once and tripped up some kid in
the corridor who shouldn't have been running, but that was about it.
hazy days.

bathroom. tiles. tiles. bathroom.

oh sod it, i'll do it tomorrow with a hangover.

the duke