Sinister: a clean well-lighted letter

Andrew O'Sullivan aeos at xxx.com
Sat Jul 11 11:20:44 BST 1998

Brad wrote:
> so, i want in on the tape tree thing. i got loads of songs by eggs and
> bedhead and townes van zandt and magnetic fields and a stunning cover of
> new order's "true faith" done by the boo radleys...along with their
> equally effective cover of the belle and sebastian inspiring song "alone
> again or" by love.

Hmm - 'True Faith was, possessively, renamed 'Boo Faith' and released as an
A-side some years back. What I'd *really* like to hear is The Boos' cover of
'4st 7lb' from The Holy Bible. It exists. We are told.

>Actually i don't think i ever saw the movie... i was too upset that
>Oakey swiped my concept.

Speaking of movies swiping concepts - I had a cat, now sadly departed, who
was christened, in 1982, Beethoven. For a decade, to the world, Beethoven
was a cat. [OK so he was also a strong contender for the position of finest
composer who has ever lived, but that's irrelevent.] And then some Hollywood
hob-nob decides to make Beethoven a dog! I nearly sued.....

>respect to the legless of the world, i hope to join you all tonight.

Anyone seen 'The Evil Dead'? I shall be watching it tonight. My friend says
he's been having nightmares about it. I look forward to it.

Andrew O'Sullivan
aeos at dial.pipex.com
http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/osullivan/
'Look me up in the Yellow Pages,