Sinister: good news and sad news.

Euan Leitch euan.leitch at xxx.net
Sat Jul 11 11:25:12 BST 1998

Good morning

I'm strolling through the digests thinking "what would I recommend to
jon g. from the '80s?" and the reply I got I dismissed as too obvious
and not hip enough judging by other listees recomendations.  But here I
sit with the paper spread across the table telling me that they are
reforming for a tour (Stateside) and they have another Best of album.
So I can't hold back.  Who are they?  Jon g., you'll know them from the
Flinttones movie, but forget about that and buy all the B52s back
catalogue.  Rock Lobster, 52 Girls, Planet Claire... oh daddy, take me
away!

But now I turn to some sad news.  Kay Thompson is dead.  She was Maggie
Prescott  the fashion magazine editor in Funny Face and one of the few
who could be noticed when next to Audrey Hepburn.  Please honour her
passing fellow listees and Think Pink.

Ah the '80s!  I spent last night being the only guy dancing to Wham &
Abba at a friends party.  They were all doin' it right, doin' it with
me!

bye de bye

Ue