Sinister: Chihuauauas or whatever

JJ johnj at xxx.com
Sat Jul 11 20:09:24 BST 1998

Sarah wrote:

> Perfection As A Hipster <Andreas.Hering at stud.uni-hannover.de> writes
> >"Funny Old World" (Buba & The Shop Assistants)
>
> I just thought I'd like to see that again. Buba. *snigger*

well, when I was in the 4th year at school, me and Martin Jones used
to go through the Rhythm Records mail order catalogue religiously,
highlighting records we wanted. in the middle of the catalogue was a
rarities section, something that was always in there was a record by
Buba and the Shop Assistants called 'Something to do' (I think), it
was always between 15 and 30 quid. We never ever heard it, and at that
time we were never rich enough to spend that much on a 7" single.

Has anyone heard it? Who was/were Buba?

Martin had the original red sleeve 'All Day Long' EP but I only had
the blue sleeve reissue. 'I Don't Want To Be Friends With You' is good,
as is 'Safety Net'. I believe the album was rereleased on CD recently,
it's good too and contains gems like 'Train From Kansas City'.

Cheerio!

JJ