Sinister: Zombies / Buba / Fun While It Lasted

Perfection As A Hipster Andreas.Hering at xxx.de
Sun Jul 12 11:33:23 BST 1998

Espadrille wrote ...

>so, everybody. would a zombies compilation be worth 7-99 of my money. the
>only song i know at the moment is time of the season, and that's pretty
>monstrously good, with its chook -aaah... bit.

No, you should start with the _Odessey And Oracle_ CD reissue which does not
only feature "Time Of The Season", but is in my humble opinion one of the
most wonderful albums recorded in the Sixties. I won't even start to
describe the sheer brilliance of this P!O!P! masterpiece, since I'd be bound
to fail ... maybe it's sufficient to say that "Time Of The Season" is one of
my less favourite tracks on the album, although I love it nonetheless.

John JJ wrote ...

>Buba and the Shop Assistants called 'Something to do' (I think), it
>was always between 15 and 30 quid. We never ever heard it, and at that
>time we were never rich enough to spend that much on a 7" single.
>
>Has anyone heard it? Who was/were Buba?

Buba & The Shop Assistants featured only David Keegan of the band
subsequently simply known as The Shop Assistants. Buba was an alias for Aggi
Pastel and Stephen Pastel contributed some instrumentation as well. The
"Something to do" 7" is one of the many lost masterpieces which will most
probably never be reissued. Maybe I'll find some space to include it on the
Eighties P!O!P cassettes mentioned a couple of days ago which will possibly
crop up in the tape tree thingie.

Fun While It Lasted ... well, if you read thus far you either care or must
be pretty bored. Either way, I'm sorry for any disturbance and irritation
caused on this mailing list, especially as regards my most recent mails
which seemingly involved some unhappy misapprehensions and were followed by
some, say, inappropriate presumptions. In any event, my sincerest apologies
... you know who you are. Anyone who'd like to keep in touch should e-mail
me privately under <v3bodnol at ulmo.stud.slu.se>. Maybe I'll resubscribe
sometimes in the future after refreshing my language skills. ยง;^D

Seriously, I wish everyone a lovely summer full of happiness, joy and some
decent P!O!P! music consumption.

"The Last Bandit" (Nikki Sudden)

Andreas

The rain it raineth on the just
And also on the unjust fella
But more upon the just because
The unjust steals the just's umbrella

(Charles Baron Bowen)

. East Coast USA and Canada 31/08 - 4/11, details at