Sinister: Mojave 3

Steve Genge steve at xxx.uk
Sun Jul 12 22:50:41 BST 1998

> mojave 3, which is neil and rachel's new band, is also fantastic.  i have
> their album, 'ask me tomorrow', which is truly lovely and wonderfully
laid
> back in a country kind of way,  but i STILL haven't heard their new
single.
>  is it any good?  i saw them support for luna at the garage a couple of
> years ago, and they were wonderful, as were luna.  that has to be one of
my
> favourite gigs ever.

The new single, which was meant as a kinda gentle reintroduction to the
band (so gentle no-one's noticed!) is a move away from the country
influences on the first album to an almost folk edge, obviously been
listening to Nick Drake or maybe even a certain bunch of Glasgow Popsters?
One thing is for sure two of the four songs feature the trumpet prowess of
Mick "the lips" Cook as an added inducement to seek it out.

steve

      "Pain and beauty, our constant bedfellows"
                         Sabine Strohem
 Red Roses For Me Fanzine & Records For Sale
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Cabaret/9043/
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***