Sinister: Lyrics & Fave B&S albums

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Sun Jul 12 18:24:11 BST 1998

The Trainspotter wrote:
> 'As the sun hits, she'll be waiting
> With her cool things and her heaven
> Hey hey lover you still burn me
> You're a song yeah, hey hey'

	Sweetly, I want you
	You burn so fast it scares me
	It matterws where you aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaare

	Yes, that would be my favorite Slowdive song, "When the Sun Hits,"
unless today escaping the term "teenager" has made me go batty. Well,
maybe I shouldn't say favorite. After all, "Losing Today" is quite
wonderful as well.

> 'Now there's a tragic waste of brutal youth
> Strip and polish this unvarnished truth
> The tricky doorway, gapes beneath the raged noose
> The cripled verdict begs again for the lamest excuse.'

	No idea on this one.

	I must also point out that I also prefer IYFS to Tigermilk. I recall
the first time I heard "The State I Am In," probably a fourth generation
copy. I just kept thinking "THIS is the band everyone's on about?" I was
pretty unexcited by that song and the other one I'd heard from
Tigermilk. Later two people independently taped me songs from IYFS and I
was not moved much. However, I grew to like them a bit more, and when we
got IYFS in at my radio station, I'd had enough time to become familiar
with three or four of the songs, and I was feeling down, so the album
was like an epiphany. I went out and bought it the next day and I've
been happy ever since. Some nice fellow taped me the entirety of
Tigermilk (without previous warning too) and I listened to it in its
entirety three or four times. I didn't feel particularly compelled to
hear it much more, and when I did I couldn't find it. So now I'm
basically without Tigermilk. I think if I gave it a chance, it would
grow on me, but I don't have a copy, so I guess I'll wait until the
reissue.

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com
  |       |     Sandcastle Homepage - http://indiepop.com/sandcastle/
  |       |
  |       |     "Everyone has their own cup of tea.
  |       |          Some just happen to like a lot of sugar in it!"
  |       |               - Me!

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***