Sinister: LBGP, Zombies, Kinks and what's good for ya.

AjAaDcAoMbs aadam at xxx.com
Mon Jul 13 08:53:07 BST 1998

Since no one has chimed in on the Look Blue Go Purple query with any
depth, I shall undergo a brief synopsis.

They were so good!

Thank you, good night.

They put out three 12"EPs in the late '80's that were compiled onto one
CD in '91. The band was comprised of five women who have gone on to do
equally lovely yet unknown recordings (from memory: The 3D's, Chug, Dead
Pop Stars(?))
"Cactus Cat" is a good representation of their sound. Pretty yet subdued
harmonies, mid-tempos, "poetic" lyrics.
I imagine Flying Nun would still have copies of this lying around if
you're feeling ambitious.

I cannot recommend highly enough The Zombies "Odessey & Oracle." It's
one of those records I never put away (much like B&S records). And
compared with tracks like "Friends Of Mind" and "Changes" and "Care Of
Cell 44," "Time Of The Season" is almost throwaway (it's just my opinion
folks.) Strangely, I do not find their other recordings as appealing,
but that may cange when I (eventually) buy the box set.

Further echoing opinions of the Kinks: Yes Virginia, _Something Else_
and _Villiage Green..._ are most brilliant, but _Face To Face_ must be
mention with them. Furthermore, _Kontroversy_ has many undeniably
wonderful tracks. And the post-_Village..._ material is nothing to shake
a stick at either. My interest tends to wane at about '72. Isn't that
where Ray ends his stylisticly unique autobiography _X-Ray_? Hmmmm...
It's nice that all the stuff is being (once again) issued on CD. I'll
get to buy it for the third time. ~yay~

And kids, if you haven't bought your Snow Patrol singles yet, what're
you waiting for?! You won't know how much you're missing till you've
missed it.
[the previous advertisement was unsoliicited]

Aadam

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***