Sinister: I'm going to get you, Dastoor

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Mon Jul 13 10:59:02 BST 1998

Oh dear no picnic for me hungover again looking out at deluge outside
hope it was fun.  I promise I did not stay away through fear or being
hit or molested by Mark.  Did he transfer his affections to anyone
else, I wonder?  The little minx.  I have crushes on lots of listees,
but couldn't possibly spill beans.

Is it just me and my little pony or has Sinister got v.v. good
recently?  Some ripper postings from old and new members alike.  I say
ripper.  You say boss.  Ripper, boss.  Ripper, boss.  Let's call the
whole thing off.

What's this about the duke of haringey living in Devon?  I had no idea
he wasn't really a philanthopic artisocrat helping kids escape the
inner-city ghetto.  Next you'll be telling me Prince Charles isn't
Welsh.  And Burt Lancaster was American.  Anyway, can I third that
Kinks recommendation of his.  The Village Green Preservation Society
is wonderful and so is Arthur, despite what Uncut says this month.  Do
not buy the soundtrack to the Dudley Moore film of the same name,
however, as this is quite different and not good.  It might be P!O!P!,
but I don't know about such things. When I first heard 'The Stars of
Track and Field' I came over it.  No, sorry that's not right.  What I
meant to type was I came over all snooty and said to my friends "This
is a rip-off of Shangli-la by the Kinks", which it isn't and I now
feel like a silly boy for bunging up my ears with such
pseudopophistoriansnob rubbish.  Now I have seen the light and
cancelled my subscription to Mojo.

Shall we award a Belle and Sebastian golden shoe to the most
entertaining listee of the last month?  No, let's not.  My nominations
would be tainted by my crushes.  But I think the FIFA fair play award
should go to Peter Miller.

Lithe Nick xx
. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***