Sinister: Picnic and ink polaroids

Ian Turton buffalo at xxx.uk
Mon Jul 13 15:33:57 BST 1998

Vicky Parkinson wrote:

> I tried taking an ink polaroid of the London picnic on SAt. but it was the
> first I'd done, so you could just make out a group of about 15 cold but
> stuffed and getting pished bods in a circle under a few trees, while the
> rain bucketed down on Primrose Hill and a few souls braving the weather
> laughed at us while we fed their dogs sausage rolls and tourists took
> photos. We survived outside for 2 hrs before decamping to the pub.

Arse and double arse. I got out of bed ridiculously late on Sat'day and then
miscalculated the time to get from Shepherds Bush to Camden, ended up getting
there at 2.20. As I had only bought a bottle of red wine, I thought I'd stop at
various emporiums to stock up. Being hungover from the night before, my
shopping faculties went slightly wonky, and I ended up with 6 of those Big Bud
things and a bottle of cherry vodka to compliment my Shiraz. Oh, and a derisory
showing in the snack department. It took me another half hour to find Primrose
Hill, the top of which was singly lacking in indie-folk folk. So, with my back
starting to give out, I found the quick way back towards the high street and
the Spread Eagle, wherein I proceeded to purchase a bottle of Staropramen,
mindful of the fact I had about 25 quids worth of booze in my rucksack, none of
which looked like regular pub booze. No-one B&S like in there (though christ
knows exactly who I was expecting to find) so, *sniff*, I went home.

If anyone on Primrose Hill sighted a slightly red-faced, lean, mean, six foot
tall person, bright blue tracksuit top and white v-neck T-shirt, light coloured
trews and brown boots, marching to the top of the hill, and marching
bloody-well back down again, well you had the chance to pull the trigger and
you blew it.

Stupid Turt

ps. No need to feel sorry for me. I had all the ammo I needed to get well
arseholed in Clapham that night.

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***