Sinister: Re:Mojave 3 second album name

keenan gauthier keenan_g at xxx.com
Tue Jul 14 07:40:19 BST 1998

Carrick said

>Also on the discussion of Mojave 3, Slowdive's second >album,
>which is named after either a greek delicacy, or a >line in
>a porno a film, not sure which (in either case, I >forgot how to
spell it)

  I don't know for sure what its named after, but I do have a theory.
I don't know about other countries, but here in Canada at large
outdoor events you can often find what me and my buds call souvlaki
spacestations.  These are little octagonal ufo-ish looking souvlaki
stands which stand on little stilts.  They really do look like little
spaceships which have touched down from some other wonderful galaxy.
  Again, I don't know if this is what the album is named for, but its
what I like to think.

Also, has anyone else seen any versions of the Mojave 3 album where
there is no three?  A guy I work with ordered it a few months ago and
it only said Mojave.  Everything else was the same.  Does anyone know
why this might be?

last note: I work in a music store and the booking date we have
received for the new B & S is Sept. 8.  I should also note that this
much forward notice on an indie title is a little out of the ordinary
out here.  I think Matador has high hopes, as it should.

==
keenan gauthier

. *** B&S new LP worldwide release 7th September, tour news etc. at ***
.     *** http://www.majordomo.net/sinister/news.html ***